lauantai 31. tammikuuta 2009

Books - January 2009

Books:

  • Cressida Cowell - How to speak dragonese by Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III ( Finnish edition: Opi Lohikärmeskieltä - Hikotus Kauhistus Koljakala III ) - Third book of Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III's adventures that if I don't remember wrong, I bought it from the online auction last year. I like the humor that the books have even many if the scenes sound a bit overdone. Humor and lovely dragons. x')  ( 03.01.2009 )

 

  • Derek Landy - Skulduggery Pleasant ( finnish translated it as Keplo Leutokalma ) - I had saved this book for a year and had a thought that now the back-cover text promises something way too good... It was way too good and I succeed driving my friends crazy when keeping telling them how good book it is. x'D There is a living skeleton as a main role. Really. x') Skeleton that magic keeps together. Skeleton who's original skull some trolls stole and he won new head in poker. x''D I thought I got your attention. x'''D He also portrayed to be very much alive like anyone who has healthy attitude on the life. He also seems to find some humor even when things get ugly. -Really ugly and now I don't mean yellow car he he drives when his Bentley is being repaired. x') Well... I guess the girl should be main hero and I guess she does good job too but it is clear that certain skeleton wizard has gotten my attention. Don't get wrong. The girl and skeleton make really great team and just add there some lovely scythe carrying guard and one seriously evil warlock, conspiracy and magic.... I want another dose of this soup, please. Anyone who's not afraid of death, skeletons or warlocks should read this book. Also people who want to read really amusing, funny adventure with magic and adventure and quests. Pay some time to consider of reading this. Last time I red something this good was Gaiman's The Graveyard book. ( 06.01.2009 )

 

  • Justin Somper - Vampirates : Demons of the Ocean - Interesting stuff to read... ( 12.01.2009 )

 

  • Raili Mikkanen - Histamiinin hiihtoretki - Cute story about a toy horse on skees. :3 ( 27.1.2009 )

 

Manga:

  • Fullmetal Alchemist vol. 19 ( 02.01.2008 )
  • Inuyasha vol. 40 ( 13.01.2009 )
  • Death Note vol. 8 ( 29.1.2009 )
  • Pet Shop of Horrors vol. 4 ( 29.1.2009 )

Scans:

  • Mai-Chan's Daily life - That sort of hentai stuff that no thank you. Went to quite a bit way too sick for my taste. @.@'

Scanned, translated chapters:

  • Chapter 91 of Fullmetal and chapter 40, 41, 42 and 43 of Trinity Blood. Ah the goodies. :3 Cannot wait to get the hard copies.

~Uku

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti