lauantai 17. tammikuuta 2009

Books - December - 2008

Books:

  • Ellen Datlow - Blood is not enough - vampire anthology - Interesting collection of various short stories related with vampires of all sorts, not only the blood sucking ones. x') My personal favorite was short story of real vampire ending in kindergarten.... To feed on the children but the children on that very kindergarten drained the vampire out of his life strength. x'D There was also Jewish vampire on Nazi death camp and that was interesting scenario to see... Usually the vampires are the blame and they hardly treated that way. I wonder why because that would give new ways to study and see the one of the most classy monsters. Also the first story of the collection was interesting, about vampires on the day club of some sort bringing their human bottles in to be drink along with the company, alike was the short story that was bind together with Alice in wonderland...  I was glad to get a bit of information about this from Datlow's second vampire anthology and that I did find this from the auction and bought it. It's old book but it is definetelly worth of checking out.

 

  • Kenneth Grahame - Dream Days - I got this book because for that dragon story included. I did finally finished reading the whole book though and it was ok. ( 26.12.2008 )

 

  • Raili Mikkanen - Histamiini hukassa ( Histamiini is lost ) - Old child book that I found when cleaning up the bigger bookshelf. :3 I red it just for fun thought it didn't bring back no memories at all. ^^' I don't even know the TV show where the book probably got adapted from either. :( Though after having chat with the beast I did seek and tried to buy two other books of the same series. It is about marionette horse called Histamiini. And appeared to bring in good story for every age. ( 26.12.2008 )

 

  • Neil Gaiman - The Graveyard book - It was unexpected and huge surprise gift from my godmother and I very grateful for the book. I began reading it almost right after Christmas eve... What I can say.. It's lovely, awesome... I liked it. every page, the story. * gasp * I must say that it is the perfect story to read. Film directors, please, don't mess this story up if you plan to film this, please. * puppy owl eyes *  ( 31. 12. 2008 )

 

Manga:

  • Devil's Bride vol 1 - Ok, it is yaoi and a bit of shota and hentai yaoi... Yep, yep, someone likes it. x'D ( 01.12.2008)
  • Death Note vol. 6 ( 02.12.2008 )
  • Inuyasha 39 ( 12.12.2008 )

Scans:

Sorry, nothing full this time. I had no time. -Or patience to sit down and look something... Maybe I start reading Yami no Matsuei and Finder series in next year...

 

~Uku

Originally posted 31.12.2008

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti