lauantai 17. tammikuuta 2009

Books 2008 - February

Ha, and you thought that January was the last time you heard from this little list. x'D

February
  • Philip Pullman - Count Karlstein - It started like a ghost story, then it was a bit of drama of evil relatives and then there was ghost alike hunter demon who didn't seem to be so rotten evil after all and then it ended to amazingly well. Yes, very well written story where all of the characters were interesting. :3 Would definitely go under horror - humor - adventure category.
  • Roald Dahl - Charlie and The Chocolate Factory - I have seen Burton's movie couple of times and been wondering would I read the book or not, this time when visiting at the library car, I finally made a decision and lend it and read it. I liked the book and noticed how much justice Burton had made to the book and I must amid that few Burton's visions were actually better than situations in the book but them both were great. :3
  • Roald Dahl - Charlie and the great glass elevator - sequal to the chocolate factory book. What bothered me the most was how oddly some of the names had been translated than they were at the chocolate factory. I didn't like Quentin Blake's sketching style at all. Otherwise the story was quite good one, though there was more playing with words and there was with scenes. <.<'
  • Patricia C.Wrede - Searching for dragons - Actually should be titled as searching for dragon if you ask me... <.<' It was nice, not surely the best fantasy books or series, now when I have read them all in very odd line 1, 3, 4 and 2 as the last.
  • Carl Hiaasen - HOOT - Most likely for people younger than me but I got curious about this book, so I lend it and read it. It has tiny owls in it and alongside good story about saving them. :3 I did like the writer's style and idea.

Summa sumarum.... I have red just 6 books. ^^'

But heck, I'm not trying to break any records here anyway. Shows how damn busy I have been.

Busy....

*thinks over*

Way too lazy and doing from 8 to 4 pm days. ^^' And being pretty much exhausted when finally getting home. =.=' Well.... I did read 10 manga books during this month. x'D

Originally posted. 5.3.2008

~Uku

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti